High capacity battery packs used in electric cars require robust packaging for both safety and performance reasons. The battery pack must be sealed properly to protect the critical cells and electronics from moisture, water ingress, humidity, dirt and contaminants which can cause damage to the components and safety concerns. Defective sealing can lead to battery leakage, bursting or other safety hazards.
PTI's Seal-Scan™ Technology has proven to be a reliable and effective method to inspect high capacity battery packs non-destructively to verify seal and package integrity. Seal-Scan has a proven ability to:
- Examine the integrity of the seal
- Detect localized seal defects (weaker bond, inclusion, etc)
- Create correlation of scan result to seal temperature
- Differentiate lead material of electrode
- Generate quantitative results with opto-accoustic images
- Provide results that are repeatable and reliable
- Be used for offline seal quality analysis as well as online 100% inspection
PTI Inspection Systems is the leading manufacturer of non-destructive package inspection technologies for the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and container industries. We offer inspection systems for package integrity testing, seal integrity and leak testing. Our technologies exclude subjectivity from package testing, and use test methods that conform to ASTM standards. PTI Inspection systems provide repeatable, reliable results and can be incorporated into protocols at any point in the manufacturing process as they are non-destructive, non-invasive and require no sample preparation.
For more information contact
SOURCE: PTI Packaging and Inspection Systems